About this Blog

This blog does not study little ice crystals. Snow is part of my Chinese name and this is a space to record God's faithfulness in me. Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Shoes

I got new shoes on sale last week.

The pair of black shoes I wore most often to work was wearing out quite badly. It did not help at all that the shoes were not the right fit (they were wide, instead of regular) so they were loose. But at that point, I had been having a lot of trouble finding black dress shoes for a while, so I bought them anyway. As soon as I tried on the new shoes which were the right size and fit and were better made, I could tell the difference. My feet have been much, much happier.

Nonetheless, many people around the world do not have shoes. They do not have the luxury to buy what we consider necessity.

There are so many stories about children who cannot go to school, not only because their families cannot afford tuition, or they have to help in the farm, but also because they do not have a single pair of shoes that they absolutely need to walk the many miles to school. One way.

The black shoes I got were already half off; and with the sale going on in the store, I got another pair of shoes on the clearance rack for an even deeper discount. With the shoes, I got two shoeboxes.

What is the best way to use the shoeboxes? Fill them up with school supplies, hygiene items and toys! Operation Christmas Child collects shoeboxes filled with gifts for children around the world who might otherwise not receive a gift this Christmas.

I remember a story: one year, a child received a shoebox from Operation Christmas Child. Inside was a pair of shoes about which she had been praying. Overwhelmed with joy, she could now go to school, knowing that someone somewhere loved and cared about her; and so did God.

No comments: