About this Blog

This blog does not study little ice crystals. Snow is part of my Chinese name and this is a space to record God's faithfulness in me. Enjoy!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Plan

[Hope you had a wonderful Fourth of July celebration!]

A few months ago, I applied for a summer position on campus to help coordinate a study abroad program to Hong Kong. The students were going to take classes at my alma mater and I thought I could contribute to the program with my background of growing up and attending college there. And it would certainly be nice to visit with family and friends.

I did not get the job.

I think part of it was that they were not sure if I could take extended time off from work. It would have been a six-week vacation.

It was a little disappointing at first, but this week - the week I would have been coming home - I realized that had I been selected for the position, I would have missed the following events:

Extended time with my sister-in-law visiting from California

Weekend with other family members, including our fast-growing nieces and nephews

Fun day with my aunt and cousins at the local theme park

Time with my friends here

Fourth of July celebration

Wimbledon and local tennis events

Spanish (The summer Spanish class I was taking ended up being canceled, but I was studying on my own, nonetheless :)

When I thought it made perfect sense for me to apply for the summer position (and even go) a few months ago, God already knew otherwise. I would still love to go home, but I am glad I was here, spending time with my family here (including Hubby!).

We might not always see it right away, but God's plan is always the best.

2 comments:

sheridan said...

Amazing how we can look back over the events in our lives and see how God works and moves. Yet, why is it so difficult to see how He has worked and still not trust that He holds our future?

Snow said...

Amen!

I just remembered: had I gone, I would have missed VBS and other great church events too!