About this Blog

This blog does not study little ice crystals. Snow is part of my Chinese name and this is a space to record God's faithfulness in me. Enjoy!

Saturday, October 17, 2009

New Path

The parking lot I use is about 15 to 20 minutes from my office, and I usually walk the same route to and from these two places. While it is not bad at all, the path has become familiar. Last week, however, I accidentally found a new path.

I made a stop to the library after work. After my library trip, instead of staying on the sidewalk I usually took, I cut through the residence hall next to it, thinking it would quickly lead me back to the route I knew.

As I was following this new, and rather winding, path, I became a little uncertain after a minute since I was actually getting farther away from the sidewalk. But instead of turning around, I kept going. Then, after a couple of turns, I saw a large field in which many residents were enjoying the sunny Friday afternoon with a game of soccer, or Frisbee.

How refreshing to see this sea of green for a nice change of scenery! I had never seen the field from the sidewalk because of the many trees in between.

And shortly after, I saw some steps that led me back to the sidewalk.

Sometimes it takes a new path to discover hidden treasures. Day in and day out, we probably pass by many treasures because where we are keeps us from seeing the other side. The Bible study I just finished has further taught me that there is a time to step out of my comfort zone, and to take a new path as God calls us. When we step out in faith in God's timing, leave our familiar surroundings and start walking a new path, there might be uncertainty; but if we keep going, along the way we will experience the fine treasures He has in store for us, treasures we have never known before.

I (Jesus) came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of.
- John 10: 10 (The Message)

No comments: