About this Blog

This blog does not study little ice crystals. Snow is part of my Chinese name and this is a space to record God's faithfulness in me. Enjoy!

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Boy(s) Oh Boy(s)!

A couple of weeks ago, my sister-in-law had surgery (she is recovering well) so I went over there to help take care of our three nephews. It was the first time I had the boys ALL MY MYSELF.

On Friday, as my brother- and sister-in law were at the hospital for her surgery, I took the boys to school. It took some effort to get a tired Alex ready for school, but my first experience as a chauffeur to my nephews went well. It was quite interesting to have booster and car seats in my car. When Miguel, the little one, and I got home from dropping David and Alex off, we took off our shoes and he lined them up against my running shoes. How cute!


The next day, Saturday, was a quiet day as we waited for my brother- and sister-in-law to come home from the hospital in the evening.

David likes to play video games, and boy, did he play that day! He played the Star Wars game and completed the level he had been trying to complete. Then, he put in a game of family board games and taught me how to play many of them. We had fun!

Meanwhile, the screensaver of my computer was on, showing a slideshow of my Hong Kong pictures. Both Alex and Miguel were fascinated so I had both boys on my lap as I told them about my hometown.

Later that day, the boys and I were all in the living room. David had wanted to watch TV, but after he had played video games for such a long time, I decided against it. We compromised and listened to Radio Disney, which happened to be playing songs from the entire soundtrack of Phineas and Ferb, David's favorite Disney show. He was excited and was singing along most of the time (he knew all the songs!). At one point, the boys and I were dancing on the living room floor, albeit for only a short while. It was fun.

Then my brother- and sister- in law came home, and we were all excited to see them!

Sunday afternoon concluded with David's baseball game. He was excited to play!


I had fun with the boys!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun. They sure did!Glad they were good for you, too. :)

chanisgrace said...

Sounds like a good time for you. I need some boy time soon!