About this Blog

This blog does not study little ice crystals. Snow is part of my Chinese name and this is a space to record God's faithfulness in me. Enjoy!

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Shoes


A few weeks ago, I was at Target to get a baby gift for a couple of friends. One of the items was a pair of crocs. While there, I also found a pair of flip flops for Hubby, something I had been searching for a while.

Juxtaposing these two pairs of shoes struck a chord in me about life. Here we had an adult in his prime (and he is a size 12!) and a baby who would soon be coming to this world. Age difference aside, these were two precious lives that God created (and was creating) in his own image. In these shoes, they would be taking their steps and going to different places.

We are all travelers in this world, heading closer to our eternal home each day. There are ups and downs in our journeys; some days we are on mountaintops, and some days we go through valleys. But one constant is this: that God is caring for and guiding us along the Way, whether we notice Him or not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recognize those crocs! We gave Tory and Gilianny your gifts. And thank you for ours, very thoughtful.
~Karrie

Anonymous said...

At church, we are in the middle of a sermon series titled "Walking With Jesus". On Sunday, our pastor used shoes to visualize exactly what you wrote. I'll say he got the idea from you! :)

Snow said...

Karrie, thanks for delivering the gifts - and you are very welcome! :)

Sis, that is awesome! For some reason, the two pairs of shoes just really struck me.