About this Blog

This blog does not study little ice crystals. Snow is part of my Chinese name and this is a space to record God's faithfulness in me. Enjoy!

Sunday, March 22, 2009

White Scarf

A few months ago, we purchased our first sewing machine. The extraordinary part was that it was actually Hubby's idea, not mine. He had thought about getting a sewing machine for quite some time and we picked one out together based on his research (he really did his homework).

At the (free) sewing class on Valentine's Day, I saw Hubby sew for the very first time. It was priceless.

One big project we had in mind with the sewing machine purchase was curtains. But before we took on the this rather big task, I suggested to Hubby about making something small as a beginner's project. He readily agreed.

The following week, we picked out some white fabric, and Hubby made the scarf from there. It was a very impressive day as he labored away, and I took some pictures to document the "historic event." Enjoy!

Here, Hubby got the sewing machine ready by preparing the thread.


Then he cut the fabric


Then it was sewing, ironing and thread-pulling, and some more sewing and ironing





A scarf was born!


Did I mention Hubby did a fantastic job?

P.S. I now have some catching up to do! My mom is coming to visit next month. I am sure I will ask her to give me a few lessons! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with this picture? Oh yeah, it's my brother sewing! He's becoming so domesticated!

Definitely a historic event. =D

Way to go, big brother!

Anonymous said...

Actually, he showed more interest in sewing than any of the girls when they were at home. I knew he could do a good job.