About this Blog

This blog does not study little ice crystals. Snow is part of my Chinese name and this is a space to record God's faithfulness in me. Enjoy!

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Vote

I voted for the next President of the United States for the first time in my life on Friday. I remember four years ago, when I could not vote, I was anxious about the election. It was not a great feeling to be living in a nation that cherished liberty and sitting on the sideline at the same time. So when I applied for citizenship last year, I prayed that I would become a citizen before this year's election. God graciously answered my prayer and there I was on Friday, standing in line to particpate in this year's election.

I preferred not to wait, but since I could not make it to early voting until Friday, and after counsel with hubby, I waited in line. I then realized the wait time was perhaps the best time to pray for this election and the country, and so I did. A short thirty minutes later, I cast my vote.

I could not predict the results on Tuesday, but as I stepped out of the voting booth, I knew I had done my part as a citizen of this great nation. Voting is not a duty, or "one more thing to do," or even a right, but a privilege. Where I am from, we have never had the opportunity to vote for our head leaders, so the ability to vote cannot be taken for granted. If you have not voted, please do so on Tuesday. You have to go out of your way, and the line might be long, but your vote is going to decide the direction to which our nation is going.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you were able to vote this year! I had to vote absentee and felt lost because I didn't know the local candidates or issues.