About this Blog

This blog does not study little ice crystals. Snow is part of my Chinese name and this is a space to record God's faithfulness in me. Enjoy!

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Cat Hair on the Carpet

My sister-in-law's cat, Hanes, has been staying with us in the past months. She has been teaching me a lot of lessons, and I learned a new one this morning.

A long-haired cat, Hanes sheds frequently and her blobs of gray hair are highly visible on our beige carpet. This morning, as I sat in my usual spot in the living room for my devotional, I saw her hair in various spots in the living room. Together with her mice, ping-pong balls and other "toys" scattered all over the floor, there was no mistake as to where she had been in the house (generally she likes the living room and the staircase, loves to sleep on one of our dining table chairs, but dislikes the TV room - we don't know why but that room is free of cat hair). Where she hung out was no pertinent information, but the visual clues she left was so obvious that it was impossible to overlook.

This scene was by no means new and I usually just picked up the hair as I saw it. However, instead of cleaning up cat hair this morning, I had this thought: if I could tell where Hanes had been in the house by the hair she left behind, could the same be said about me? I don't shed like cats (don't worry), yet the Bible speaks of the fragrance believers have that comes from God. I wonder if I leave behind this fragrance where I have been, figuratively speaking through my words and actions, as naturally as Hanes sheds her hair, and as visibly as her gray hair is on the beige carpet for all to see?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only you could turn cat hair into a life lesson! But what a great lesson it is!