About this Blog

This blog does not study little ice crystals. Snow is part of my Chinese name and this is a space to record God's faithfulness in me. Enjoy!

Monday, September 8, 2008

Wedding Ring


Shortly after we pulled out of our drive way for dinner on Saturday night, hubby told me he had forgotten his wedding ring. He had been painting the garage all day (we are converting it to his workshop) so he had taken it off and left it in the kitchen but he forgot to put it back on after shower.

Wedding rings are always special, and our rings are special to us in our own ways. Not only did hubby design our wedding bands and my engagement ring, but with my mom's help, we had them made in my native Hong Kong. I love seeing his ring on his finger because it always reminds me of our wedding vows.

So the absence of his ring is normally very noticeable to me. But I did not notice the missing ring that night and I thought that since we had already left the house and were only going for a quick dinner, it would not bother me that he did not have his ring with him for a short while. But he insisted on getting it and turned the car around.

His gesture was very touching to me so I offered to get the ring for him as we headed back to our house. As I walked back to the car with the ring, hubby immediately extended his left hand, readying himself for me to put his ring on, the way he did at our wedding. I gladly put it on for him.

How sweet is this man.

4 comments:

sheridan said...

Sweet & my brother weren't used in the same sentence when we were younger.

I understand though about turning the car around. I have done it myself.

Snow said...

Hi! Thanks for your comment and your brother is really a great guy. :)

Anonymous said...

AWWW, how sweet!

I do agree with Sheridan - this is not the brother I grew up with. I guess he has finally grown up and become a MAN!

Thanks for taming the beast! ;-D

p.s. - true story: This morning Miguel was playing with my ring. I took it from him and put it out of his reach. After getting ready for the day, I went to get my ring. It wasn't there. I just knew I had put it up high. I started looking and could not find it. Finally, I looked down and there it was - on my finger!

Snow said...

I did not know I married a beast! :)

Funny story about your ring. I once looked for my glasses when they were on top of my head.