About this Blog

This blog does not study little ice crystals. Snow is part of my Chinese name and this is a space to record God's faithfulness in me. Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Catching up!

Happy New Year! May 2014 be a wonderful year for each of you!

It has been seven months (!) since my last blog post. I ended the last post with this -

The summer has already been quite busy, but hopefully I will be more diligent about posting in the next few months! 

While the first part was true, the second part was an epic fail. However, here's a quick update on the second half of 2013 -
  • I went to Hong Kong, China, and San Francisco in the summer, and Chicago in the fall for work and research!
  • I got to meet our new nephew for the first time over the summer!
  • I had a busy but productive fall semester with teaching and exam preparation. Being able to teach students was quite a rewarding experience!
  • Hubby made me a wonderful cake for my birthday! 
  • We participated in Operation Christmas Child once again this year. Our goal was 500 packed shoebox gifts, and our church and middle school packed 549 boxes! 
  • We hosted family and friends for Thanksgiving. Some of our family could not come so we missed them, but we had a great time with those who came. Weather was absolutely gorgeous!
  • On another note, our family cat became very stressed out because of the big crowd during Thanksgiving. She developed an ulcer on her eye, which accelerated our decision to have her eye removed. It was the right decision because she did have early-stage cancer as we had suspected. After a very challenging recovery process, she is now doing much better!
  • We went out of town for Christmas briefly (because we needed to take care of the kitty). It was a wonderful visit! 
I am thankful for a blessed year in 2013!

No comments: