About this Blog

This blog does not study little ice crystals. Snow is part of my Chinese name and this is a space to record God's faithfulness in me. Enjoy!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas 2009

Happy New Year! As we welcome the new year - and decade, I am recapping some fond - and fresh - Christmas memories. Enjoy!

This year, our home looked nothing like it was a year ago. There was no Christmas tree, no lights, no candles. I never got caught up on the Christmas preparations, since I barely got the Christmas cards and newsletters out in the mail, and Christmas shopping done before Christmas. I was still wrapping Christmas presents after the Christmas Eve Service. On top of this busyness (which seemed more than usual than years past), Hubby was sick.

But all was good. Hubby got better and off we went to my brother- and sister-in-law's for Christmas. We had a great time! It was a special year since my mother-in-law was back in the US  for a visit after almost 2 years of serving overseas, our new niece was born in the summer, and everyone from Hubby's side of family was there. We had a lot of family fun. We enjoyed a lot of food and laughter. Here are some highlights:
  • Meeting our four-month-old niece. She is such a happy and quiet baby that she makes everything easy! I took so many pictures of her!
  • Playing Dominoes with my 3-year-old nephew. He was really good at it.
  • Seeing our 5-year-old niece in the outfits we got her; and putting a ribbon on her hair
  • Watching our 5-year-old nephew build his Lego city.
  • Staying in the cold (for a few minutes) with my oldest niece and nephews, one 9 years old and the other almost 9, as they tried to watch the moon and stars, and explore the universe with my nephew's telescope.
  • Reading to my nieces and nephews.
  • Listening to my oldest niece read the Cars story to me.
  • Letting my 3-year-old nephew ride on my shoulders.
  • Playing card games with the adults.
  • Fourteen of us going to the zoo.
  • All of us, plus our aunt who was off work that day, going to the best barbeque place for dinner right before we headed back.
It was another great Christmas with family.


1 comment:

chanisgrace said...

Great slideshow! Great Christmas! I'm glad yall could come down