About this Blog

This blog does not study little ice crystals. Snow is part of my Chinese name and this is a space to record God's faithfulness in me. Enjoy!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Give




I am doing something special this Christmas season. I am trying to give this Christmas away.

When I was getting ready for Opeation Christmas Child earlier this year, I heard this song and was immediately intrigued by the title. Then I saw the book as I was Christmas shopping a couple of weeks ago.

I am reading 101 Simple and Thoughtful Ways to Give This Christmas Away by singer-songwriter Matthew West. This book has lots of ideas about taking the focus off of me and making others' Christmases special.

The first idea? Operation Christmas Child!

Other ideas? Holding the door for the person behind you, saying "Merry Christmas" to a complete stranger, cooking breakfast for loved ones, parking in the back to give people the closer spots, giving your family a memory......

These ideas are not difficult to do. It simply takes paying attention to others.

Go ahead. Give this Christmas away!