About this Blog

This blog does not study little ice crystals. Snow is part of my Chinese name and this is a space to record God's faithfulness in me. Enjoy!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Grandparents

The first time I lost a grandparent, I did not know to grief. I was not yet fearfully and wonderfully made.

The second time I lost a grandparent, I was a young 18-year-old, facing death suddenly and unexpectedly for the first time. My heart broke.

The third time I lost a grandparent, a few years ago, I was blessed enough to know the Gospel had been presented to my Grandma. I was there when she drew her last breath on earth and I saw how beautiful and peaceful she was. My sorrowful heart had a reason to rejoice.

The fourth and last time I lost a grandparent, a week ago, I was sad again. Yet, in the midst of grief, God put a song in my heart -

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

No comments: