About this Blog

This blog does not study little ice crystals. Snow is part of my Chinese name and this is a space to record God's faithfulness in me. Enjoy!

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Visit

My mom came for a short visit a couple of weeks ago. We had not seen each other since Christmas 2007 so it was nice that she was able to make the trip from Hong Kong.

We did not do too many things but we created many good memories -

We played lots of Dominoes.


We went on a quick day trip to see a historic site.

We ate a lot, including local BBQ. Mom quite enjoyed the slow-cooked smoked chicken.

We also had some Hong Kong-style pot luck. Yummy!


She made me a skirt and a scarf (within hours)!

A few months ago, Hubby and I got some pastel green fabric for about $4 and I was going to make a scarf from it (because I could not make anything more complicated than that :). However, Mom, who is excellent with the sewing machine, had more brilliant ideas! She designed and made the skirt! I wore it to church last Sunday.

We also did some shopping. We found the perfume for her and my sister at a good price! We also found each of us nice and reasonably-priced sunglasses.

The trip was short, but sweet. :)

2 comments:

sheridan said...

I am so glad that your visit was good!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time. I love the skirt!